WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. THE WORD OF GOD. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. THE TRINITY. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption.
3. GOD THE FATHER. We believe in God, the Father, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. JESUS CHRIST. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
5. THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
6. HUMANITY. We believe that human beings are wonderfully made by God, as the crowning work of creation, and that each person is immutably created as male or female. These two genders complement each other and together reflect the image and nature of God. In the beginning Adam and Eve were innocent of sin and were endowed by their Creator with freedom of choice. The sacredness of humanity is evident in that God created male and female in His own image, and in that Christ died for fallen humanity; therefore, every person of every race possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
7. REGENERATION. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
8. THE CHURCH. We believe in the universal church; a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
9. SATAN. We believe in the personality of Satan. We believe that he is a liar and a deceiver and that he is the accuser of the brethren and opposer of all truth.
10. CREATION. We accept the Genesis account of creation and believe that man came by direct creation of God.
11. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT. We believe that Christians should live for the glory of God and the well-being of others; that their conduct should be blameless before the world; that they should be faithful stewards of their possessions; and that they should seek to realize for themselves and others the full stature of maturity in Christ.
12. CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE. We believe that Christian marriage is a sacred institution ordained by God for the well-being of mankind and the propagation of the human race. It is the spiritual and physical union of one man and one woman according to scripture.
13. THE ORDINANCES. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Triune God. We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
14. RELIGIOUS LIBERTY. We believe that every human being has direct relations with God and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith, that each church is independent and must be free from interference by an ecclesiastical or political authority; that, therefore, Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other.
15. CHURCH COOPERATION. We believe that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperation with one another in a denominational organization. Such an organization, whether a regional or district conference, exists and functions by the will of the churches. Cooperation in a conference is voluntary and may be terminated at any time. Churches may likewise cooperate with inter-denominational fellowships on a voluntary basis.
16. THE LAST THINGS. We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal bliss of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.